- Your Account.
To access and use some of the Services, you may need to register with us and set up an account with your email address and a password (your “Account”). The email address you register with will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that happen under your Account.
- Terms for Using The Baby Alley.
To use the Services, you must be over 18 years old. You agree that you will only post in relation to goods or services in Australia in the appropriate category or area and you agree that you will not do any of the following things:
- violate any laws
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or send communications that contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm The Baby Alley, the Services or the interests or property of The Baby Alley users;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Services and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent
- The Baby Alley Services.
- Fees and Services.
Using the Services has an ad fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge before purchase. Our fees are quoted in Australian Dollars. We’ll notify you of changes to our fees by posting the changes on the site. We may sometimes temporarily change our fees for testing purposes, promotional events or new features, these changes take effect from the time the price change is posted to the site. Our fees are non-refundable after the feature is supplied, and you are responsible for paying them when they are due. If you don’t, your ad will not be posted on The Baby Alley Website. You agree to provide accurate information necessary for The Baby Allety to comply with our obligations under applicable law.
- Content. You agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of the Services (other than your own content). When you give us content, including pictures, you grant us and represent that you have the right to grant us, royalty free, sub-licensable right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, design, database and intellectual property rights to that content, in any media whether now known or to be discovered in the future, including third party sites and applications. You also waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
- Third Party services on The Baby Alley.
You may use the PayPal payment gateway for some financial transactions on our Services. You acknowledge and agree that by utilising any third party services through our Services (such as PayPal), you are bound by the terms and conditions of that third party and we are not liable for any loss, claims or damages howsoever arising in connection with that third party’s services.
If you to link your PayPal account to your Account you appoint The Baby Alley as your limited agent to:
a) provide to PayPal your name, address, payment amount, item details, item category, and all other information required by PayPal to enable PayPal to process payments to or from your PayPal account; and
b)receive payment confirmation and decline notices from PayPal in respect of your PayPal payment transactions.
The Baby Alley is not able to access your complete financial details from PayPal or your PayPal account. Funds are transferred directly by PayPal from the buyer’s PayPal account to the seller’s PayPal account after the deduction by PayPal of any relevant PayPal fees. PayPal’s terms and conditions apply to your use of PayPal when you access PayPal’s services from our Services, and you must agree to PayPal’s terms and conditions in order to use the PayPal’s services. You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage you incur arising from your use of the PayPal method, unless such loss or damage was as a direct result of The Baby Alley’s error, in which case our liability is limited.
- Liability Limitation.
Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the content on the Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and, to the extent permitted by law, we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the availability of our Services or that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free. That functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind by a user of the Service which violates or infringes upon your rights, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law. To the extent permitted by law, and without limiting any rights that you may have under the Australian Consumer Law, The Baby Alley’s liability to you for any failure by us to comply with any statutory guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law is limited to The Baby Alley supplying the Services again or paying you the cost of having the Services supplied again.